As an Etsy seller, you know the importance of product photography. The right photographs can make all the difference in helping your customers understand exactly what they are buying and why they should buy it.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the best practices and common mistakes to avoid when it comes to photographing your products for Etsy.
Best practices for the best Etsy Photography
- Lighting: Lighting is one of the most important elements of product photography. You should use a soft light source, such as natural daylight or a soft white LED light, to avoid harsh shadows and glare. Try to keep your light source as consistent as possible between photos for a professional look.
- Background: The background of your product photos should be plain and neutral. A white, gray, or solid-colored background can help your product stand out and keep the focus on the item being photographed. If you want to add a bit of texture, you can use a textured background like a fabric or paper. If your background is too busy, you can also remove the background using a removal tool such as RemovalAI.
- Angles: Taking photos from different angles can help to showcase your product and give your customers a better understanding of what they are buying. Try to take photos from at least three different angles, such as a top-down view, a side profile, and a close-up.
- Editing: Editing your product photos can help to improve their quality and make them look more polished. You can use photo-editing software such as Lightroom to adjust the colors, brightness, and contrast of your photos. Just be careful not to over-edit your photos, as this can make them look unnatural.
- Avoid Common Mistakes: There are some common mistakes you should avoid when it comes to product photography. For example, don’t use a flash, as this can create harsh shadows or cause your product to look washed out. Also, avoid using props or backdrops that are too busy, as this can distract from your product.
Product photography is an important part of running an Etsy store. By following the best practices and avoiding common mistakes, you can ensure that your product photos look professional and help your customers understand exactly what they are buying.
With the right product photos, you can make your Etsy store stand out and attract more customers.